Sunday, October 1, 2017

Kaleidoscope of Butterflies


I always seem to have a quilt involving butterflies in the making around here.   This fabric will be the background for my latest quilt.   I love collage type fabrics. 


Anyway...the quilt?  Pickle Dish. The name will probably change later. 

So far I only have four pickle dishes.  It actually takes longer to cut these out (sans rotary cutter) than sew them together.   These two pickle dishes have butterfly wings. 


Someday the quilt may look like this one from Kathy Doughty's book, Making Quilts. 

There's still a few butterflies around in the flower gardens but they are mostly the White Sulphurs that visit my Gomphrena.  Time to think about next year's gardens! 




7 comments:

Linda said...

Very pretty butterfly fabric, unusual. The pickle dishes look complex, lots of pieces!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that first photo is lovely butterfly fabric - I dont' have any to share though

Quilting Babcia said...

These are so jewel-like. Just gorgeous.

gayle said...

Oh, those are gorgeous! Are you paper piecing? Looking forward to this quilt!


Ann said...

I do love Pickle Dishes. Your background looks perfect for it. Good luck with your progress.

Louise said...

Your pretty butterfly fabric reminded me that I received some this week, too! And that I needed to get a blog post finished. So thanks for the kick-start :)

Janie said...

Your pickle dishes are beautiful. I agree they'll look great with the butterfly collage fabric.
Thanks for hosting Kaleidoscope with Ann.